Wednesday, March 26, 2014

September 29, 2013


Hello beautiful people!

I'm sorry I didn't write last week! I had no time! SODDY!
This is from last week...

This week was so awesome. We worked so hard and saw crazy miracles. One of my favourites was we biked out to this tiny town called Songpu(most beautiful ride of my life). And we met this French guy who has lived here for 15 years. We ride past him and I see him coming out of his house so I turn around and the first thing I say to him is... "Your beard is good." (He has a sick beard). And he says, "I'm sorry, my English is not so good." In a super thick French accent. I was grateful his English was terrible, if it wasn't he probably would of thought I was a weirdy. Then he asked if we could speak Chinese. We said yes and he was very relieved. So we talk to this guy for a good 20 minutes in Chinese. I told him my ancestors are French and he said when he looked in my eyes he had a really familiar feeling... :/ I guess its not weird to say things like that if your French. He is taking us to his fruit tree orchard on Friday. It is going to be awesome. We are going to baptize the only French guy in Yuli. His name is Fronk.
This weeks letter...
This week was crazy! We went to Fronks orchard and learned so much! This man is the definition of granola. He has the most beautiful orchard. And is growing so many different things. Fruits, vegtables, coffee, tea tree oil. This guy is awesome. And he pretty much already believes everything we do. He is so prepared! Meeting with him I definitely learned a lot more than we taught. We're going to get this man a Book of Mormon in French and he will be baptized for sure. He is so cool.
Zheng Wei wasn't able to be baptized this week because he drank tea on Monday... I was a bit sad, but it is all good. It just gives him more time to prepare and to develop his testimony. The thing is if I move I won't be able to see him be baptized.... Pray that I don't move.
Things here are looking up. Getting super close with all the members. Last night ate dinner at our mission leaders house and there were lots of other members there and it was awesome. Starting to feel like a family. It is really cool. I love this area. If I never left I would be a happy man.

I love this work. It is true. On Sudae I gave a talk on the love of God. I shared from Mosiah 5. I love King Benjamin. He is the man.

Alright, I love you all.

Love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment