Wednesday, March 26, 2014

January 27, 2014


YOOOO! Hello beautiful people!
> 
> It is that time of year again. Everyone is cleaning their houses and no one is willing to set up a time to meet. Guonian is here! It starts this week. I'm going to get so fat. Our mission leader put together a Chinke biao. Which is a sheet of paper where everyone in the Ward who wants to treat us for lunch or dinner sets up a time to treat us. Our mission leader said that there is at least one everyday. Someday's there are two in one day. So... For the next week I'm going to be continually full. The kind of full where you feel like the food is just chillin' in the back of your throat. Stoked. 
> 
> This past week was awesome. Everyday goes by so fast. It blows my mind. Especially since there have been so many companion exchanges lately. The time on exchanges goes by twice as fast. This past week I went on exchanges with an Elder Kesler from Missouri. And we are twins. He is also the middle child of 5. The oldest in his family is also a girl. Then there are 4 boys. He is the first one to surf a mission in his family. Yeah, that was weird. That night we found two new investigators together. One was a Sister YE. She has the same last name as me. :) She was super cool. An 18 year old senior in high school. Then we met a Brother Gu. He is a scientist who still believes in God. We taught him how to pray and about Baptism. That was an awesome exchange.
> 
> Then this past week my good friend Elder Mattsson came to Zhunan with me and it was so FUN. It was a blast but we still got so much done. Saw some seriously cool things happen. We even ran into his investigator who lives in Miaoli but was in Zhunan visiting her G-ma. Her name is J. She is in a band and loves all the same music as me. That was crazy.
> 
> Probably the biggest miracle of the week was when I was in Toufen with Elder Kesler, my companion and Elder Kesler's companion Elder Smith found a FAMILY! They are the Ding Family! They have two kids(Son:Dennis-14 Daughter:Kassie-12). I got to meet them on Sundae night when we went to their house to give them some copies of the Book of Mormon and invite them to Church. They are some of the nicest people I've met here in Zhunan. So open and willing to be friends with us. We are meeting with them tonight and are going to invite them to be baptized! If everything goes smoothly they could be baptized in February! Pray for them!
> 
> I love this work. I love meeting new people everyday and being able to share the Gospel with them. I have a testimony that the work that I am doing here in Taiwan is the Lord's work. He is guiding His missionaries. Of this I have no doubts.
> 
> D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought. Fear not; doubt not."
> 
> I love you all.
> 
> Elder Rel-YE

No comments:

Post a Comment