Wednesday, March 26, 2014

October 21, 2013


Hello!
> 
> This past week was honestly a rough one. But I am grateful for it. I feel like the hardest weeks of the mission are the weeks where you learn the most. And then Heavenly Father gave me a gift this morning in the form of a talk by Elder Tad R. Callister that he gave in the MTC a few years ago called, "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary." It was what this guy needed. And now I feel completely Rejuvenated(capital R) for missionary work and for being the most obedient, consecrated missionary ever born! Thank you Elder Wright for giving me the talk.
> 
> We have a new family that we are teaching! They are awesome! The Sister's actually found them about a month ago. They have 4 kids and one bun in the oven. The wife is deaf and they would just end up meeting with the husband everytime so they gave them to us. And they are Gold! The wife is already Christian and the husband has great faith in Christ. The first time we met with them the husband set a baptismal goal! Nice! We were sharing 3 Nephi 18:19-21 and I went over and sat by the wife. And read with her Christ's words. I showed her the picture of Christ visiting the America's. With their kids all around me I felt so much love for this family. At that time I could feel how much the Gospel could bless these people. Such a cool experiece. So happy we could meet these wonderful people. It is interesting she is my 2nd deaf investigator here and both of them don't do sign language. Very interesting. We went over again this past week and brought our Branch President and his family but the husband wasn't there. It was really cool though, the Branch President's wife Sister Chen wrote on a notepad with her to get to know her and to find out what her beliefs are. It was really cool and the Chen's are going to help them so much!
> 
> That is pretty much it for this week. Zheng Wei is doing so well. We are starting to prepare him to recieve the Melchezidek Priesthood! So cool. I love this Gospel. And being a missionary. I love these people. This week is going to be so much better than last week! I'm stoked!
> 
> Love, Elder Relyea 
> 
> Nan An Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment