Wednesday, March 26, 2014

February 23, 2014


Apostolic Love

Hi Everyone!

> Elder Holland came. I wish I was a brand new missionary when he came because the things he shared blew my mind. I don't think I can put into words how I felt when him and his wife were speaking to us, except for complete and total love. They are so full of love. It was like they were speaking to me personally. Such a special and memorable experience. One that I will never forget.
>  > I realized this past week that I only have 10 more weeks on island. :/ That thought really freaks me out. Elder Holland said, "missionary life is the closest to real life I will ever get." So, I don't want to have to start my fake life. Ha. But seriously. Something that gives me a huge comfort is my patriarchal blessing. It talks a lot about my future. So... We'll see. But I have 10 weeks to give everything I have to the Lord and to Taiwan. I will miss this place so bad.
> 
> 
> I SAW BRONSON! It was so good to see him and ask him how everyone is doing. Mom, he told me all about Kevin. Sounds like a pretty cool guy. And Bronson is being born in Taidong! My birthplace! So stoked he gets to experience everything I did as a brand new missionary. It is so weird that I am such an old missionary and he is so fresh. It was so good to see him. I most likely won't see him again because we are literally on opposite sides of the island. Unless when I end my mission he moves and comes up to Taibei. Because when he is done being trained, I will die.
> 
> Alright, I am so grateful that I was able to listen to an Apostle of the Lord this past week. I know that he is called of God. I know that this Church is God's true Church. One thing Elder Holland also said was(in his super intense kind of angry sounding but still full of love voice), "We gave our lives for this. We have sacrificed everything for this Gospel. Because it is true." 
> 
> I love you all so much. Have the most beautiful week! 
> 
> love,
> Elder Relyea 

No comments:

Post a Comment