Wednesday, March 26, 2014

October 28, 2013


Hello beautiful people.
> 
> This past week was way better than last week! We found 5 new investies! NICE! And they are all awesome. I want to tell you how we found one of them. It was a straight up miracle. He is a referral given to us by the Seesters.
> 
> So we search around the address they gave us for a good 30-40 minutes and we couldn't find him. We ask some people in the street that were having a funeral if they knew where a Wang Xian Sheng lived near by. They pointed us toward a house, but nobody answered. We continued to look for a while but couldn't find him. So we decided to go up the street and find someone we met a couple weeks earlier. We get to a road where you can turn right and there is a small road that goes into the mountains. I see a man pretty far down this road chopping some branches. We decide to go talk to this man. We get up to him and start talking to him and it is the referral we had been searching for! It was the WangXS! He cut off some branches to sit on, we sat down on the ground with him and had an awesome lesson. He is already Catholic and loves Christ. Finding this man, we were completely led by the Spirit. I'm so grateful for the Spirit in this work. It is so true, "if we have not the Spirit, we shall not teach." I know that with such surety. What an amazing gift our Father in Heaven has given us, the gift of the Spirit. We are so blessed. In President Packer's talk,"The Candle of the Lord" he talks about the blessings from serving a mission. He says:"But these things do not compare with the most lasting reward. The choicest pearl, the one of great price, is to learn at an early age how one is guided by the Spirit of the Lord, a supernal gift. Indeed, it is a guide and a protection." I love that quote.
> 
> We also found an awesome aborigine guy named Jiang Jian Wen. He has 4 of the most adorable daughters I have ever seen. One of them cannot stop laughing. I will take of picture of them and show you next week. I'm going to record this laugh on my camera and everytime I'm feeling the least bit sad I'll just play her laugh. It would make any person immediately happy. So we start talking to him outside his house(he lives right across from Zheng Wei so we've chatted with him before), he grabs some seats and we sit with him. We start talking about Christ and Heavenly Father. Then he asks an awesome question. He asks, "why was Christ crucified on the cross?" We were able to answer his question with the Book of Mormon. 2 Nephi 2:26. After he read the scripture he understood why Christ was crucified. I told him that Christ died for him as well and that He loves him. It was beyond cool. Huge miracle for sure.
> 
> We're also teaching a man named He Pei Ji(His name sounds like Paige-ee. Haha) And he is AWESOME! He has so many questions about where we go after this life, why we are here, and if God even exists. He has thought out these questions for years! It was our third time meeting with him and we taught him the Plan of Salvation in more detail than I have ever taught it before. We even taught him about Satan's plan and the third of the host of Heaven. What? Yeah, never done that before. But he got it! And he was so surprised. He didn't see it coming at all! It was awesome. And we left him on the edge of his seat. We didn't get to the Spirit World or anything after that. We're getting our friend Brother Tang to come teach with us. He is a Master Teacher and is going to blow him away. I'm stoked. Paige-ee is totally going to join the Church. Because we have answers to all of his questions! This Church is true.
> 
> I love this work. I love Yuli. I love the members here and everyone who lives here. Even all the homeless dogs and the crazy people. I'm so privileged to be where I am. I am one blessed man. I know my Father in Heaven lives and loves me so much. I'm so grateful for His son, our older Brother, Jesus Christ and his infinite atoning sacrifice. He loves us with a love we cannot yet comprehend. I know that to be true. 
> 
> All of my love,
> 
> Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment