Wednesday, March 26, 2014

December 25, 2013


  • MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!‏

    What up all the people that I love!
    > 
    > Today is Christmas and it has been magic. Today's weather is clear and I'm wearing the short sleeve. We are actually going to Sanxiantai today. The place with that bridge that goes to a little island. It is going to be awesome. I'm STOKED. But I'm not going to get a blister sunburn this time... 
    > 
    > This week on Monday we went up to Taibei to party for Christmas. We slept there then on Tuesday had a nice meeting all about obedience and Christmas. And I got both of my packages!!! Yes. So, this morning was full of happiness opening my gifts from you sweethearts! I fully realize and understand that I have the greatest family to walk this earth. And I will see yo faces tomorrow! I'll call Minder first at 8. Then Rusty at about 8:20. Yeah, we only have twenty minutes to chat it up this year. But, it is okay. It will be the best twenty minutes.
    > 
    > I have been in Yuli for almost 7 months now. I have completely gotten used to living here. Homies with all the members and most of the restraunt owners. Haha. A lady that owns a little noodle shop called us her sons the other day. Xiao Mama. She is a sweetheart. I've accepted the fact that I could die here. And if I did, I would be one happy man. This past week I've come to some realizations. That I cannot take one day for granted. That this work that we are doing here is the most important work we can be doing so we cannot waste time! I've gotten so used to being here I feel like I've gotten way too comfortable with everything. I feel like I have a new fire to share the Gospel with everyone. And bear powerful testimony of how this Gospel has blessed me in my life.
    > 
    > This Christmas season, a lot more than rest, I have thought about Christ. The importance of Christ in my life. Who He is and what He means to me. I know without a doubt that He loves us with unfathomable love. We do not comprehend the love that he has for us. I know that He died for us so that we can return to our Father in Heaven. If he didn't there would be no way for us to return. He showed us the way to have happiness in this life and in the next. My compainon was pretty sick this week and last. One day, he was sleeping during studies and I wrote a song about Jesus. Maybe I'll play if for you someday....
    > 
    > I love you all. I am so grateful for my family and the love and support that they give to me. There is nothing like a mission to make you truly appreciate you family and all they do for you. I have felt that love today for sure. And we'll feel it tomorrow TOO! Have the best Christmas of your lives. Mingtian Jian! PEACE!
    > 
    > Love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment