Wednesday, March 26, 2014

December 29, 2013


MAN, it was so good to see all of your beautiful faces! Seriously, made me so happy. I think Skyping made me realize how ready I am to see you all in real life. I feel like I've been away from home for 10 years. They have been a good 10 years, but I'm just stoked to see you all and hug your bodies!
So, my companion has had problems with his throat ever since the start of his mission. It started in about July of this year, and since then it has only gotten worse. Since we've been together we've seen the doctor many times, we've even talked about cutting his tonsil out, but the mission office wouldn't let him. And this past week we have spent most of our time indoors. It is really weird. I don't like staying inside at all. It's like if we are inside my body wants to shut down and I get super tired. It is lame. Especially because I could be using that time way more productively. So... last week not a lot of missionary work took place. We did see one really cool miracle though.
We were giving our friend Brother Xie a thank you card for taking us out to play on Christmas when we see his neighbor is home. We go talk to him and he tells us his life has been super hard. 5 years ago his best friend swiped his wife, he saw his dad die from cancer, then he was drunk driving and got in a car accident. We told him we couldn't completely understand his trials, but Christ does. We taught him how to pray then taught him about the Atonement. The Spirit was there when we testified of the Atonement and Christ's love for him. That was a cool experience.
I think since this Christmas season has started I have grown closer to Christ. Trying to do the things He wants me to do and remember Him always has helped me grow closer to Him. Yesterday I was blessing the Sacrament and right before I blessed the water I had this feeling of complete peace come over me. It has never happened to me before when I bless the Sacrament, but I felt the Spirit so strong. Taking the Sacrament every week and renewing our covenants with God has true power. I felt that yesterday more than I ever have before.

I love you all so much. It was so good to see your faces!!! I can't wait to kiss them when I get home. :)

All my love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment