Wednesday, March 26, 2014

November 10, 2013


Hello most beautiful people,
> 
> I cannot believe you guys celebrated my birthday party for me! I am way too loved. So happy you rocked it at the Loyal Jade. Classic. I love that place. And I love all of YOU who partied for me on my birthday. Thanks to my beautiful mother's awesome package, a member who didn't even know it was my birthday and bought us steak, and an awesome former investigator who set a baptismal date for Christmas it was an awesome birthday. And my companion even bought me a cake. But we didn't eat it until Sunday. If I didn't say I don't feel completely loved right now I would be lying. I don't know why Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many of the most loving, caring people. But it is a testimony to me that God lives and loves us. And knows us personally. He knows exactly what we need and He is so willing to give it to us. He truly is an all loving Father in Heaven.
> 
> This past week Elder Wright and I realized that we are working with 8 different families. Some aren't complete families and some we've only met with once or twice. BUT, that is not the point. Point is we're working with 8 FAMILIES! How cool is that!? The Lord is blessing us so much. He knows that Yuli needs these families to strengthen the Branch. Yuli needs these priesthood holders! So, we're really getting the members stoked on helping these families. And they are all going to be baptized! It is gonna be crazy.
> 
> On Tuesday we were in the post office and we ran into a former investigator who I met with only a few times when I first got to Yuli. He was good then and he is even more prepared for the Gospel now! Since meeting with us his Dad and Grandma have both passed away and he has read the Book of Mormon almost everyday. What. He already understands that they have gone to a good place and he isn't mad or sad. He knows it was God's will. We reviewed with him the Restoration of the Priesthood and Baptism. He set a baptismal date for Christmas. And he will make it! Mark my words. His name is Zhang Zhong Yuan. Pray for this man! He is so good.
> 
> Our investigator Brother Dai came to Church and caused a rukus. Hahaha. He is a complete non-conformist. He doesn't even wear clothes(except for some shorts) because he feels more free with no clothes on. Haha. He sits in his house all day smokin' cigs and watching T.V. This man has more thoughts and opinions than any other person I have ever met. The Gopel Doctrine class and priesthood teachers didn't get to share their prepared lessons because Brother Dai was sharing all of his opinions and view points. Some of the members weren't too happy, but that is okay. This man needs the Gospel too.
> 
> It was a great week, full of challenges, trials, miracles, and happy things. My testimony in the Restoration is strengthened my the day. I am so grateful that God loves and trusts us enough to let us have his Priesthood. I know I so lucky and blessed to have been able to serve in Yuli for such a long time. 5 months. That is a large part of my mission. I love what I do everyday. It still freaks me out I only have about 6 months left. I don't like thinking about it. I love this work and these people. Even Brother Dai with his weird opinions. Pray for him. He needs it.
> 
> I love you all with my whole heart. Have the greatest week. Tell your friends about the Gospel! It will make you happy.
> 
> Love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment