Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 10, 2014

This past week was nuts. My companion got the flu and yak-ed three times. You know you really love your companion when you wipe up his warm vomit off the cold tile. Then in the middle of the night, jump off the top bunk and clean his throw up bucket for him right after he threw up in it. 

But, other than that we saw some serious miracles this past week. I want to share two with you. 

We went to one of our new investigators house to tell her we couldn't meet with her because we didn't have a male peike(member) and her husband answers the door and says, "come in!" We go in and have a great lesson with them. We teach them how to pray and before we left I invited them to kneel with us and the dad could say a closing prayer. We all kneeled (they have 2 sons, one is 6 and the other 10) and the dad said such a sincere prayer. He asked Heavenly Father to let his family become an eternal family.... Yeah. It was amazing. Such a huge miracle. They said they would come to Church. Called them on Sunday morning and... No answer. That is okay. We are visiting them tonight. I have faith in this family! They feel so good. It is the Zhan family. You can pray for them.

The other miracle was the Sister's found a Filipino lady last week and it turns out she lives in our area so we went and visited her last night. Her name is Eliza. The last time the Sister's met with her they shared with her that we could give her a priesthood blessing. She has some serious problems in her life. We got there and had an awesome lesson with her. And before we left I gave her a blessing. Before the blessing she said she was very nervous and her hands were super cold. I gave her the blessing and the Spirit was very strong. After the blessing she says, "my hands are cold but my inside is so hot!" The Spirit touched this humble Filipino woman's heart! After she said this we shared with her out of Helaman and 3 Nephi about how the Spirit sets our hearts on fire.

I know that Eliza got this conformation from the Spirit because our Church is TRUE! God will send his messenger to those who are prepared and those who seek Him. I am so excited to see what happens with Eliza. She takes care of a 98 year old man who never lets her go outside. His heart is going to be softened and she will be baptized! Please pray that her old man will let her out of the house to come to Church! She needs it so badly.

I know that this Church is Christ's true Church! I am so beyond grateful that I was raised in this Church and that I can know who Christ is. He is our Brother and He loves us!

I love you all so much! I only have 8 weeks left. :/

Have the best week of your lives!

Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment