Wednesday, March 26, 2014

February 16, 2014


An Apostle is coming to Taiwan!!!!‏

YO!
> 
> This Saturday Elder Holland is coming to Taibei!!! I'm so beyond stoked. It is going to be a night of inspiration and revelation! I cannot wait.
> 
> This past week was really good. I have set a personal goal to strengthen my testimony in the Savior by studying His life everyday. It has helped me so much focus more on Him when we are talking to people on the street. Since I am learning about Him daily He is on my mind more and when I testify of Him it has more feeling. I am so grateful for Him and His sacrifice.
> 
> My companion and I are doing really well. Elder Liu is the bees knees. He knows some seriously weird English. Makes me laugh. We have English days. Every Wednesday and Friday we only speak English. It is weird. I have found that I have completely gotten used to speaking straight Chinese. Haha. I will forget that it is English Day and just start speaking Chinese without even thinking about it. I even think in Chinese now. Haha. Pretty crazy. Most of my dreams are in Chinese as well.
> 
> In Taiwan there are so many girls that would like to be boys. So they dress like boys, cut their hair like boys, and talk in lower voices to sound like boys. It is very strange. Some of the time I talk to someone and I literally have no idea if they are a man or a woman. Blows my mind. But, last week we were tracting and we saw a person walking towards us. We started talking to her and she was one of these wanna-be-boy-girls. But she was super cool! We taught her about Heavenly Father and she said that she already believes in God. We taught her Baptism and she was willing to set a date right there for March 22. Yes, she may be swingin' for the same team, but that is okay. She is super willing to try. I've found that the best investigators aka bestigators are those that are willing to try. Who have desire to know are are willing to at least give it a try. You can look up Alma 32:16. I love that scripture. It talks about being humble without having to be compelled to be humble. I hope to be this kind of person. 
> 
> My time on my mission is going by faster and faster. I feel like yesterday I was sitting in this chair typing this letter. Weeks now feel like less than days. I really don't like how fast the time is going. Because I love being a missionary. I love talking to strangers on the street and letting them know that they have a Father in Heaven who loves them and a Savior who died for them. This time truly is the most precious time of my life. I'm so grateful that I have had this opportunity to serve Heavenly Father and represent His Son, Jesus Christ.
> 
> I love you all. Have the greatest week of yo lives!
> 
> All my love,
> Elder Rel-YE

No comments:

Post a Comment