Wednesday, March 26, 2014

November 18, 2013


"The best way to improve ourselves...."‏


"Is to exercise ourselves in doing good to others. Keep this in mind constantly." Thank you President Snow for that quote. Yesterday in Priesthood meeting that really stuck out to me. The best way to improve ourselves is to surf others. Is in helping others. I know this to be true.
> 
> This past week was a good one. Lots of ups and downs. And the time has come again where we are at the very end of a transfer. I'm going on to my 13 transfer. Man, I am an old man. There is a strong possiblity that I will leaf the beautiful land of Yuli. But, it is still very undecided. This past week President Day, Sister Day, and their daughter Candy and her husband Ray came down and visited Yuli. On Saturday night we held a Fireside. And since Sister Day doesn't speak the Chinese I got to translate for her. So when she gave her talk, she would say a sentence in English, then I would tell everyone in Chinese. It was my first time translating like this and it was pretty fun. I love President and Sister Day so much. They are the most loving people. Sister Day is full on my mission mom. We also had interviews this week with President. While my companion was interviewing I sit and chat with Sister Day. And there is this new rule where we have to wear these reflector vests at night when we ride our bikes. I feel like a straight up crossing guard. It reminds me of Flight of the Conchords. The vests that Murray gives Bret and Jermain to wear when they are on the streets. "Inner. Inner city. Inner city pressure."
> 
> Taiwan is finally getting cold! I wore my jacket for the first time last night. But it is still not super chilly. Just in the morning and the nighttime. But it is definitely winter. Actually today was super nice. The sun was out and it felt like a nice Autumn day in Utah. We ate lunch outside.
> 
> Alright, I love you all. Have the greatest week. The Church is true. Heavenly Father loves us. The Savior lives. Don't forget it.
> 
> Love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment