Monday, July 1, 2013

June 30 2013

Dear my beautiful family,
 
Well, this past week was crazy. Definitely one of the most tired weeks of my mission/life. In the best way. So, last Sundae President Day was at our Branch in Yuli and he takes me to the side and tells me my companion is going to be his next Assistant. So, right now I am actually in Taibei dropping him off at the Mission office. This means I will be the new District Leader. And I get my new companion today. It is going to be super different, but it is going to be great. I'm looking forward to the things that are happening in Yuli.
 
I forgot to tell you, we have a new convert in Yuli. His name is Zhang Yu Fan, English name: Neville. He is the only kid in Yuli and any neighboring town who skateboards. Nice. And two weeks ago we were waiting for his Mom to come pick him up in front of the Church. He was trying to do a kickflip, but not even getting close. So... I had to show him how do it. Haha. It was super fun. I couldn't land a tre-flip though. The leather shoes aren't the best for skateboarding. Then a on Wednesday we went to Ruisui(a smaller town by Yuli) to visit a Sister Yang. While we were waiting for the Sisters to come we were standing on a three foot tall concrete wall. I said, "I could do a backflip off of this." Elder Tay didn't believe me. And he thought I would get hurt. So I did it. Then he knew. Those were my foolish-non-missionary activities that have been going on lately. Haha.
 
But this past week, literally have worked harder and been out in the sun than any other time on my mission. Every single night, I am so grateful for my bed and air conditioning. Yuli is so flippin' hot. I am sweating all the time. But, Yuli is honestly the most beautiful place in the mission. On Saturday we got to go hiking for a Branch activity. It was so nice. And actually this hike, I've hiked before when I was in Taidong, we came up and hiked it. Wow, that English is so bad. Haha. Forgive my poor English.
 
This past week we got to serve a Sister Shi(Sure). We went to her house without her knowing and pulled weeds for an hour. I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life. Some of the weeds are just grass, so it was like we were mowing her lawn with our hands. haha. But it was so great. I LOVE SERVICE! Seriously, so much.
 
Working in Yuli without Elder Tay will be very different. I'm hoping I can continue the momentum that he has already started there. Because Yuli has already progressed so much. I just hope I can help it to continue to grow.
 
I love this work. Lately I have been reading a ton from the Teachings of the Prophets. Learning tons about our Prophets. They are so cool. Before the mission I would not have touched those books. haha. I love being a missionary. This work truly is the Lord's work. I know He is helping me everyday. I know if I do the things I need to do, I will have the Spirit with me. The Spirit is SO important in this work.
 
I love you all. The Church is TRUE! PEACE!
 
Elder Relyea
 


The last picture is our family investigator's! They are the greatest. They are the Rong Family. So good. Look at them all holding their Book's of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment