Monday, July 1, 2013

June 23, 2013


Hello my beautiful Famaree!!!

I love Yuli more and more everyday. We had some crazy changes in the Branch Presidency this week. Our Branch President, President Singletary was released. Our new President is a Brother Chen Dong Jia. He'll do a great job. He is a man among men. And a sweetheart.

This weekend our Mission President, President Day came down to Yuli. Saturday we went out and visited a part member family with him. It was really cool to see how much love he has for these people. Then we had Branch Council, ate dinner, then had a BAPTISM!!! Our investigator Huang Guan Cong was baptized. He was so prepared. He is a 17 year-old junior in High School. Super shy. Super creative. Loves photography, drawing, playing the violin. He is such a great kid. His testimony after his baptism he told everyone how he already has a goal to serve a mission and help 9 people get baptized. Nice. Already setting goals.

When he was baptized it was pretty nuts. Our old Branch President, President Singletary did the baptizing. He had surgery on his right shoulder not too long ago, and he was super scared once he went down he wouldn't be able to help Huang Guan Cong back up. So President Singletary dunked him so fast. He didn't even have time to plug his nose and water splashed everywhere. Brother Huang came up coughing... But he was still happy. He has been waiting to be baptized ever since he met with my companion a couple months ago. Which isn't that long, but it felt long for him. He was so stoked to finally get baptized.

Other than that this week was pretty normal. I got to go to my Home again! TaiDONG! I love that place with my whole heart. Everytime I go back it is Nestalgia 07'. It is great.

I love this work. This week I read a sweet talk on Grace. The Savior's Grace. Such a cool topic. I think my whole life I will continue learning about grace. It is by Brad Wilcox. Look it up. It's sweet.

Well, my friendz, this work is true. I love riding my bike in Yuli. It is all mountains, rice fields, beautiful clouds, and STARS. There is literally no where I would rather be. And these people are the greatest. So full of love and light.

Thank you all for your support and love! Have the best week of your lives.  


No comments:

Post a Comment