Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 7,2013


Hello people that I love! Wa! This past week was nuts. Last Monday took a train for 4 and a half hours to Taibei to get my new companion. At 4:40 we had to catch a train back to Yuli and we would get here at 9. So we leave the mission office at around 4, because we still have to take the metro to the Taibei main station. So we're on the metro and it is getting super close to 4:40and I'm starting to get a bit nervous. So we're running through the Taibei main station trying to get on to our train. We get to our platform and I see a stopped train, so I run over to it and slam the door open. Then a lady screams at me, "that train is getting fixed!" So we run to the other side of the platform as we see our train pull away. Haha. I was so sad. So we went and tried to switch our tickets, but we didn't have to. Another train was coming in about 20 minutes to Yuli. But we didn't have any seats on that train. So the whole time, felt super homeless walking up and down the train searching for empty seats. Haha. BUT, we saw such a sweet miracle! As we were getting pretty close to Yuli we were standing in a more open area(next to the bathroom) and we meet this kid named Scotty. This kid is awesome. He is aborigone and he's English is supah fresh. So we talk to him all the way till Yuli. We were able to have a lesson with him right there on the train. Taught him all about the Book of Mormon. He was already a Christian so he was super willing. One of the coolest parts was after we got to Yuli we met his parents and they loved us. I told them how awesome their son is and how fluent his English is. They loved that. They live in Taidong missionaries area. They will go visit him for sure. AND, he surfs. Nice.

My new companion's name is Elder Bastian. He is the man. He runs track. In high school he ran a 4:14 mile. WHAT?! So nuts. We run a mile in the mornings and it is more than double that time. Haha. He is from a suburb of Seattle. His family is huge. 7 kids. And he is the second youngest. His youngest sibling is 16, oldest is 33. Crazy. I admire his parents. They are probably crazy healthy. Yeah, Elder Bastian is great. We are already homies.

This past week litterally had almost no time to do missionary work in Yuli. Wednesday night went to Hualian because Thursday and Friday we had a missionary leader training meeting in Taibei. It was awesome. Learned so much. And got to hang out with some of my besties in the mission! Elder Chatman, Hodges, Mattsson. It was good. Friday went back to Hualian, then Saturday finally got back to Yuli. It was a crazy week, but I learned a ton.

Saturday night the Sister's had a baptism. Two little girls, sisters got baptized. They chose me to baptize them. I was honorned. When the older Sister was doing her testimony she said, "I am so grateful Elder Ye could baptize me." Wa. Melt my freaking heart. It was a great night. And our family that we are teaching the Rong Family all came!!! It was the first time the parents have actually come to the Chapel. So huge progress. They will all be baptized. They all have baptismal dates(4 of them), but we're gonna help the kids get baptized first. Most likely in July. I'm stoked.

I love this work. I know it is true. This is truly the Lord's work. This is the only thing I would want to be doing right now. Spreading this beautiful Gospel to the most beautiful people. I am so blessed. Thank you for your support and love.

Love you all.

Elder Relyea 

Pictures:
1. The two little girls
2. Yuli branch!



No comments:

Post a Comment