Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 4, 2014

Last Famiy Email!!


The time has come. Yesterday giving my final testimony here in Zhunan was a great experience. I have felt so much love from all of the members here. Especially the Bishop's family. We have the same last name, so they say I am one of their kids. Every time they go to Costco they buy us chocolate muffins and they have taken us out to eat so many times. They bought us steak a couple of weeks ago. This ward here seriously has so much potential. It still feels like all the progress that we have seen here in Zhunan is mostly all because of the missionaries. We shared with our mission leader this past week that we have been seeing some real progression here, but it is all because of our efforts and not because of the efforts of the members. This is one huge thing that Taiwan has got to change. The ward relies so heavily on the missionaries for baptisms and bringing less-actives back to church. I just hope from the progression that we've seen already will really inspire them to do more! Because the members here are really so awesome.
> 
> We had a really special experience with prayers being answered. A couple weeks ago we met a Sister Chen. Her name is Mini Chen. She is an Aborigine to Taiwan and she is already Catholic. On Thursday night I had a feeling I should call her. The first time I called it didn't go through. I called again after we were done planning and this time she answered. She was sobbing. She told me she had been praying to have Heavenly Father to send her some comfort. I read with her Alma 26:37. I told her that her Father in Heaven knows and loves her. And because we as missionaries are doing His work He was the one who wanted me to call her. To give her the comfort that she needed. At the end of the phone call she told me that she felt like Heavenly Father really did answer her prayer and that He really does love her.
> 
> This experience strengthens my testimony even more that God will literally send people to help us when we need them. It has happened to me many times in my life and Heavenly Father let me be the instrument in His hands to help one of His daughters this week. What a blessing and privilege it has been to literally be an instrument for good here in Taiwan. To testify to strangers on the street that I know we have an all loving and all knowing Father in Heaven. And a Savior that died for us. So that they can receive a fullness of joy in this life and in the life to come. This week I got pretty frustrated because I felt like every single person we talked to on the street couldn't care less to what we were sharing or what we were saying. Especially one lady, I bore my heart out to this woman of the Savior's atonement and then she just rode away on her scooter. Haha. After that I got pretty bummed, but I think God wanted to teach me an important lesson. He wanted to teach me that no matter what I need to love these people. Even if it seems like they aren't going to care about what we are going to say, that is their choice. All we have to do is our part and Heavenly Father will be proud. Loving those people who don't love us back is the true test.
> 
> I have learned so much with my time here as a missionary. These past two years have been the happiest times of my life. Serving my brothers and sisters here in Taiwan, loving them, has brought so much pure joy to my heart. I know I will miss this place so much.
> 
> The work is going forth here. The Lord is truly hastening His work. I can feel it. And I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let me be a part of this great work. In helping His children come back unto Him. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this Gospel is true. Every part of it. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. His Atonement brings real change of heart and mind. God lives and loves everyone of us.
> 
> I will see you all very soon. For the last time as a full-time missionary, have the most beautiful week. :)
> 
> All of my Love,
> Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment