Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 30, 2014


People that I love,
> 
> SO MANY GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN ZHUNAN!!! Our investigators are actually progressing and coming unto Christ! Elder Gonzalez and I have been working like crazy. Everyday is a blur. We had 4 investigators and 3 less-actives at Church last week!!! This is huge. Two of the less-actives haven't been to Church in over 10 years! One of them hasn't been in probably around twenty years. And now his two kids are our investigators and he brought his kids to Church and they had a great time! His name is Zheng Zhi Hua and his kids are Zheng Yi Hong and Zheng Jing Yun. They had a great time at Church. And I guess that they will be baptized very soon. Probably not while I am here... But that is okay. As long as they get there. :)
> 
> Today we are in Taibei because we came to the Temple. :) I love the Temple so much. After the mission I'm just going to chill in the Celestial room for extended periods of time. I literally cannot believe that I only have one week left of being a missionary. It definitely does not feel real. My feelings are... part of me feels like there is no way that two years could already be over but at the same time I'm feeling like the time is right. I've just got to trust in Heavenly Father's timing. I read a quote once that said, "Faith also means trusting in God's timing." 
> 
> I am completely full of gratitude today. Grateful for many things. A huge one being how grateful I am that I know we have an all knowing and all loving Father in Heaven who is always watching over us. This week I cannot put into words the gratitude I have felt these past few days for our Savior. As I am reading in Jesus the Christ everything He had to go through for us. My mind cannot be wrapped around the things He went through. Talmage words brings our Savior's atonement to life. I know that Jesus Christ lived and died for us. And it is all because of love. His perfect love for Heavenly Father and His perfect love for us. I know He is my Savior and representing Him here in Taiwan has been the greatest thing I have ever done.
> 
> This Gospel is true. This month the mission has been really focusing on The Book of Mormon. An invite that we received was to do Moroni's invite over and over again. As I have been asking Heavenly Father if the book is true, I have been feeling of it's truthfulness every single day. It is amazing. So, right now I can say with zero doubt that I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God. It will teach us how to have peace and happiness in this life and the next and most importantly it will bring us a greater knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Lately we've been sharing Mosiah 4:12 like it is our day jobs. Look it up. Also look up Alma 37:44. We've been sharing that one a lot too. I'm so grateful for the scriptures and the GOSPEL!
> 
> Alright, I love you all. Have the most beautiful week. I will see you all very soon.
> 
> Love,
> Elder Relyea
> 

No comments:

Post a Comment