Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 7, 2014


This week was such a blur. Literally felt like 5 minutes and it was over. We saw some serious miracles this past week. We had 5 investies at Church! That was a huge miracle. And Brother Hu and his little sister loved church! I talked to them last night and they both said they loved it. They felt the love and I am so stoked! They need the Gospel so badly in their lives. Our friend Brother Dai has his interview for baptism tomorrow and if he passes he will be entering the waters of baptism this SATURDAY! Which is so cool because it is right after we watch Conference. We watch it a week later here because of translation purposes. But, my companion and I get to watch it in English. YES. I'm so stoked for Conference.

Then we had two other Brother Chen's come to church as well. One is Chen Jun Yi and the other is Chen Jun Ting. Jun Yi is a sophomore in college and he is as innocent and a baby lamb. We met with him on Saturday night and we read the introduction to the Book of Mormon with him. My companion asks him, "Brother Chen, what do you think would happen if you read and prayed about the Book of Mormon?" And he said, "A miracle." Haha. It was awesome! He is so right! Receiving a testimony of the Book of Mormon truly is a miracle! He is great.

Awesome things are happening here in Zhunan. We are finding less-actives who want their families who aren't members to hear about the Gospel. Yesterday we met a Brother Zheng Zhi Hua who learned the Gospel and was baptized about 30 years ago who still has faith and wants his son and daughter to learn the Gospel. We are visiting them this next Sundae. :)

The work is truly going forward here in Taiwan and I am so grateful I can be a part of it. I've been reading Jesus the Christ like it's my day job and I learn so much everyday. Something that really stuck with me this past week was the parable of the Prodigal Son. That it doesn't matter where we have been or what we have done, Heavenly Father is so willing and ready to forgive us. To embrace us with His infinite love. I'm so grateful for Jesus the Christ that I can learn more and grow closer to my Savior every single day. Such a huge blessing. I love this Gospel and I love bean a missionary. I will miss it so much when I am not one anymore.

I love you all. Have a beautiful week.:)

Elder Relyea

P.s. I saw Crofty this past week. Haha. My friend Sister Zhong aka Oreo visited us from Taizhong and right when I saw her she slaps her cell phone in my face and I see Crofty! Haha. Got to chat with him for a minute while I ate my dinner. That was nice little trunky surprise. 

Alright, PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment