Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 11

Hellooooo my best friends!

This week was so great. So many awesome things happened. This week we met a Brother Xu on the street. He is in his 60's. He's so funny. We set him up for Sunday at noon. Right after church but he showed up at like 9:20. So instead of Priesthood we met with him. He didn't sleep the night before, he played a game called Majiang with his friends all night. Haha. Nice. He is a character. He told us since his wife passed away he has tons of freedom. Haha. He doesn't have to tip-toe around the house anymore. Haha.

This week I was riding my bike and next to me some person was also riding a bike. They were singing to themselves and I was like, "Yes, I'm not the only one."

Yesterday at Church we met a man that the Sisters met the day before. He is special. His name is Shi(Sure) Dixiong(Brother), and he is deaf. But he has amazing English. How we communicate with him is we write on a note pad. I've never wanted to be able to speak(do you say speak?) Sign Language so bad in my life. But he is so great. He wants an English Book of Mormon. We're meeting with him this week. I'm so stoked. He is a sweet heart.

Yesterday we visited a new member. Her name is Sister Yang. Haha. She is great. She is the definition of a Cat Lady. In her 40's, not married, lives alone, and has 8 cats. No, she says she has 8 cats, but I know there are more in that house. All her cats are super cool though. They look like mini Siberian Tigers. So sick. One was straight up cuddlin' with my hand. I'm gonna find her a Husband. :)

Yesterday we saw such a SWEET miracle with a less-active. His name is Brother You(Yo). He smokes 4 packs a day. Last Thursday we went and visited him. He is a great man. Right when we walked into his house I saw his guitar and he told me to play it. Tuned it up for him, as we chatted I played some Kings of Convience like stuff(definitely helped). He told me about his bad habbits. He told me he didn't know if he could change his bad habbits. I bore my testimony on the power of prayer and scripture study and invited him to start praying. Then last night he called and told my companion he prayed and read scriptures and he wanted us to visit him. When we went over his whole perspective was completely changed. He knew from prayer and the scriptures he was given strength! And he wants to change his life and start coming to Church! YEAH! SO cool! So happy.

This Church is so true! There is so much power in prayer and the Scriptures! No matter how far down you are, it doesn't matter. Heavenly Father knows our situations, he knows what is up! And will help us! I love this work with my whole heart and I am so grateful to be here. Thank you all for being the best people on the earth. I love you all so much.

Love,

Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment