Friday, September 14, 2012

August 26th

Hellooooooooooo beautiful people!!!!!!!! This week was nuts. "the bathrooms here are nuts."

Munday, was sweet. We went to a waterfall. It was pretty sweeeeet. When we went shopping we met a man from Fance who is also a missionary. For an Indian Religion. He was pretty cool. His name is Mark. This night we ate dinner with Nian dx. He took us to this super nice Steak house. It was a 5 course meal. Haha. Whoa. Yep, Monday was kind of boring...

Toosdee, we had Diqu huiyi. District meeting. I love my whole discrict. They are all so great. Then I had to take a language assesment thing for the MTC so we had to find a computer with a microphone. We went to a member's music store, and he's got a recording studio above the store. Haha. It was way too nice for what I was doing. Haha. There were drums, Dad gitahs, mum gitahs, I wanted to play all of them... But I didn't. We met with one of our investigators Cai dixiong. He's a 13 year old and has ADD for sure. No doubt about it. Haha. His mom is super loud. When we were leaving she was giving us high 5's and when we would high five she would say, "Yesu ai ni!" Aka Jesus loves you. Haha. It was funny.

Wednesday, we went to Hualian for Zone Conference... That lasted 6 hours. But it was all super good. One of our Assistants knows Colby Relyea. At this Zone Conference I got to say a lil talk for about two minutes. I talked about the importance of the Spirit in everything we do in Missionary work. My homie Elder Wright talked wright(haha) before me and told such an awesome story about following the Spirit to find a family. He's one of my besties I've met here. We were in the MTC together. We also got mail, the thing about being in Taidong is it's the farthest place away from Taipei. It's as South as you can get. So mail is Rare. and so nice. :) On the way home we met this guy from Kentucky. He was super cool. He is here for a Buddhist Program and then he was just traveling around Taiwan. We chatted about religion (of course), and he asked such simple questions. Like, "why do you guys believe in God?" It was so cool to think about this question. It really strengthened my testimony telling him why I do believe in God. Then when we got back we had English class. :) Nothing really awesome happened. Ted asked a question, "what is the difference between precious and cherish?" So we got all into Verbs, nouns, adjectives, it was crazy. I pretty much just winged it, so I don't know how much I taught them is correct. Haha.

Thursday, in the morning we went and visited an investigator Guo dixiong. He is so cool. We talked all about families. And then we had WPS. Man, WPS was rough this week. Haha. First 15 minutes, I was almost out. BUT, I pulled through. Towards the middle I feel like I was in the state between sleep and consciousness, weird thing is, I was still talking. After we went and met with one of our new investigators, Wu dixiong. He is this 17 year old. Super happy, super cool. We talked about prophets. Then we went and ate wraps, classic us. We pretty much go everyday. All the ladies there know us. Haha. They're tianxin's. This day was a complete vegetarian day. We were on our way to 7 to make calls when President called us and told us to go home because of the Typhoon. Went home, cleaned my bathroom that I KNOW hadn't been cleaned in at least 5 years. Wiped up all the mold/pubes/spider webs/spiders. That was fun. Haha. It looks nice now.

Friday we went to Luye. Which is about 20 minutes away. And met with our two investigators that will probably be baptized in a week or two!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! I'm stoked. They are two brothers. Eric and Kevin. They've only missed church once in 3 months. What. How cool is that. I love them. We talked about President Monson.

Saturday, we met with Nian dixiong. He is an interesting man. I think he's meeting with us because he doesn't have any friends, not because he wants to learn the Gospel. Which is sad. The Sister's had a baptism today! It was awesome. The baptismal font here can only fill up like 3 feet deep. Haha. So when He was baptizing her it was super awkward. First her foot came out, and then he didn't get her head all the way under, then finally he got her all the way under. After the baptism we watched the Joseph Smith movie with Eric and Kevin. It was hilarious in Chinese. Haha.

Sundae, Church was awesome. That Wu dixiong I mentioned earlier came to church with one of his homies. We met with them Before church and set baptismal dates with both of them. It was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Okay. Yes, I'm almost out of time.


I love you all!!!!! So much. Go have the best week of your lives!

Love Elder Relyea.











No comments:

Post a Comment