Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 4th

What's uuuuuuuuuup?!

This week was awesome! For real. So many ups and downs. But so good. :) Last P-day was SECK. We went to to this crazy bridge that goes to this island. It was so siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. It was ridiculously windy. We hiked to the very top of the island and the wind up there was NUTS. "The bathrooms here are nuts." Tried to take my shirt off like 8 times. Haha. When we got back we met with a guy named Yaodixiong. Super cool young guy. First question he asks after the prayer, "can you guys tell me about baptism?" Haha..... "What.... Uh, Yeah. yeah we can." We set a baptismal date and he told us, "Yeah, I really want to prepare for this. So I want to come to Church and meet with you guys regularly." This man is Awesome. After the lesson we went to a member's house for Dindin and Family Home Evening. They had Dominoes! Crab and Shrimp pizza! It wasn't bad. Their son (this chunky lil duffer) ate and drank so much and so fast. After he was done he threw up some liquid crap right on the floor. Hahaaaaaaa. They were so nonchalant about the whole thing. Just threw some tissues on the puke. Haha. It was crazy. I wanted to laugh so bad because I think throwing up is the funniest thing. Then I shared the Joseph Smith story. All in all, good night.

Tuesday Huangzhanglao and I went on X-changes. We were biking to my favourite man's house (Hou dixiong) and I met this man named Nian dixiong. I knew he was interesting because he was walking down the street with a helmet on.... Haha. I set him up for the next day. We were English Contacting (giving out tons of flyers for our English Class) and Huang ZL was contacting these two girls. He told me to go over there. They asked me how old I am. Me:19 Them:(ridiculous amount of giggles) Ni hen shuai! Aka you're very handsome. Haha. It's nice because here in Taiwan you are told you are handsome about 10 times a day. Confidence boost for sure. And you think it would lose it's meaning after a while... It hasn't. :)

Wednesday we met with Nian dixiong. He is a sweet heart. He poured us some Coconut Juice. My companion was convinced there was some special stuff in it.... There wasn't. We set a baptismal date with him. He told us he doesn't have any friends. :( We told him, "We're your friends!" This night there was a "Typhoon" in Taiwan. So we had to go home at 6:30. So no English Class. I was bummed. I said "typhoon" because the weather in Taidong was awesome.

Thursday there still was the "Typhoon" so we could have stayed in. But Elder Peterson called President Day and asked if our district could go out and work. He said Yes. I originally wanted to just chill all day(classic me) but I'm so happy we went out! We met this man named Pan dixiong. Super cool. I'm going to call him Peter. :) Then we had WPS (weekly planning session). Then we went and found! We talked to this guy Zhoudixiong. Really cool. I taught him all about prayer. Felt the Spirit super strong when I was explaining prayer and how he can receive answers. Then I talked to this lady Han jiemei. Straight up tianxin. Aka sweet heart. I understood almost everything she said!!!!!!!! She called us Shuai like 10 times. Haha. Then I talked to this kid. He didn't have an English name. So I named him Brent right there on the street. Haha. He kinda looked like Brent Shear. He was super cool. Finding is becoming my favourite thing! These people are so awesome! I love meeting tons of them everyday.

Friday was a great day. Started off playing frisbee with the District. It was sick. Dove twice. I have never been so itchy in my life. But I scored, so it was woooooooorth it. This night was an awesome finding night. I talked to a kind of crazy man. He spoke really good English. Who thought the Church was started in Las Vegas. Him:"Yes. I know your church. It was started in Las Vegas." Me:"Uhh. No, it was actually start(cut off) Him:"No, no. Read your history. It was started in Las Vegas." Haha. That was interesting. Talked to a ton of waiguoren aka Foreigners. 4 from Canada and 1 guy from England who is studying Chinese here. He was super cool. It was so weird contacting him in English. It is so much easier in Chinese. Which sounds super weird to say, but it's true. Talked to this man outside a lime juice stand. The whole time he just told me about the girl who worked there. Him:"Her name is Didi(Chinese word for little brother). She speaks English. You come here, buy here a drink, speak English with her." Haha. I love these people.

Sundae was awesome. Nian dixiong came to church!!! When he would introduce himself he would say he is excited to prepare for baptism. So cool.

Okay, my time is almost out. I love you all!!!!!! I LOVE THIS WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment