Friday, August 17, 2012

August 13

Herrrrrrrrrrooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!

This week was a great time to be alive in Taidong! I love Taidong!!! We had move calls this week and........................................................................................................................................................................ I'm staying in Taidong with Elder Peterson! YEAHHHHHH!!! I'm stoked. Heavenly Father knows how much I love it here and all the people here. :)

Monday, was a very nice time. We watched Tangled...... It's so nice being able to take a break from reality for little bit. Pretend I'm Flynn Rider... :/ This day we met with Yao dixiong. (Dixiong is Brother in Chinese) He is so SICK! We taught him all about the Book of Mormon. He told us he really wants to come to church, but he has to get work off. Then we met with Brent. He told us he doesn't want to meet with us. :( BUT, everytime he uses his English name, who is he going to think of? The Missionaries! His lesson was really good though. I felt the Spirit super strong. I bore my testimony on the power of Prayer.

Toosdaiii, we went to Yuli for a district leader meeting. I got to chill with my Australian mate Eldah WRIGHT! Ahhhh, I love Eem! He vented to me about his companion the whole time. Made me so grateful for Elder Peterson. He also asked me a question I've never really thought about before. He asked, "Ye Zhanglao, why are you happy all the time?"....... Haha. I was stumped. I thought about the question all day. And I think I'm happy because I have so much to be happy about! I also came to the conclusion that there are infinite answers to this question. Something interesting to think about though. What makes us truly happy? This day we met with Nian dixiong, and he is so AWESOME! He is reading and praying every single day!

Wednesday we had to go to Yuli again for a Zone training guy. It was 3 hours..... I gave a spiritual thought about always being grateful and relying on the Lord all the time. I read from Alma 26, this is when Ammon glories in the Lord. Such a good Chapter! Go read it. The last verse talks about how Heavenly Father is mindfull of everyone of His children. I know this is true. :) This night we had English class. Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! We talked about personification... Again... I was asking for examples and this new guy Song was like, "The car is farting." Hahaha. I laughed way hard. We were the only ones laughing in the class. Haha. Then for the spiritual thought I taught them how to pray. I shared Enos' story. Then after this kid, Michael came up to me and said he was super confused. He had never really heard that God is our Father in Heaven. I had a lesson with him. Taught him all about Heavenly Father, Prayer, the Holy Ghost. And then he said his first prayer at the end! His english is good enough that I got to teach him in english. Which I've never done before. But it was awesome.

Thursday.... I can't really remember what happened.... We went on exchanges with the South elders. I was with Elder Slawson. He is a good Missionary. He is already graduated from College. What? I haven't even started College. Haha. He was a private school kid, so it makes sense. Haha.

Friday, I was still with Elder Slawson until 3. I ate spring rolls for lunch. We eat them like everyday. They are so good. Mom, I think of you everytime I eat them because you would LOVE them. I think they are vegitarian.... I honestly have no idea what is in them. But they are Hao chi (How chir) aka delicious. Then we get this fruit and vegatable one. It has sprouts, apple, guava, a raisen? maybe, cucumber, seaweed, carrot, I think. It is super good. We taught Nian dixiong again. This man is GOLD! We taught him the Plan of Salvation. Talked about families. It's super sad because he told us he really wants to find a wife. He lives alone, doesn't really have any friends. So sad. He's retired so he just chills all day, everyday. But he can read the B.o.M!!! He is a straight up tianxin (sweetheart). I love him.

Saturday, we exercised as a district. Sister Winters is Training a new missionary. She was in my younger genny in the MTC. She's a shy lil Q.tip. But her Chinese is Goooood. Way better than mine when I got on island. During lunch I met this kid named Stephen. We were eating in 7/11 and I could tell this guy needed a friend. Started talking to him. Turns out he really did. We had a lesson with him. He told us he has a hard time making friends. We taught him all about prayer. Invited him to church. He said he loves sleep. Haha. Well, so do I buddy.

Sundae, STEPHEN CAME TO CHURCH!!! And so did Nian dixiong. It was awesome! We met with Stephen after and said he felt really good at church like everyone really cared about him. So awesome.

I love you all so much!!!!!!! Peace out!! Have the best week of your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment