Sunday, February 3, 2013

GUONIAN February 3rd

What up everyone that I love! Oh Man! It is almost the Chinese New Year and everything is nuts to butts! Literally they don't sleep. Outside our apartment is a super busy street, last night I woke up at 3:40 and I could hear people just chattin' it up. Havin a party. Since it is the New Year there are SO many people in our area. Riding bikes is even more intense than usual. But it is sweet. I realized I love riding my bike in a big city, besides the fact that pretty much all I am breathing in is bus smoke. Can't be good for my lungs, but no warries! I love it.

I have been hearing about Guonian(New Year) ever since I got on the Island. I hear it is a crazy time for missionaries because members just feed you like crazy. So much food. My last companion told me at night you are so full when you wake up in the morning you don't need to eat breakfast. And by the time lunch comes... You still don't want to eat. But you have to. The tradition here for Guonian is if members give you food you must eat it. If you don't it is super disrespectful. And we all know that I can eat a ton... So no worries... :/ I'm a little scared. But, it will just be another sweet adventure. That might involve throwing up. I'm not scared.

Recently we've just been finding as much as possible and helping our investies prepare for Baptism! Yeah! It is sweet. We have one investie named Cai dixiong. He is so cool. He's been a Christian for a long time. He is such a humble man. His right arm doesn't work too well and he is missing probably 4 of his front teeth. He is the man. I'll take a picture with him this week so you can see him. He is so down to learn, come to church, pray, read the Book of Mormon. Yesterday we taught him the Plan of Salvation and it was so great. He is so willing to accept and to learn.

Last night we had a Fireside. We had 2 investies come and one Potential who set up for tomorrow. Stoked! And yesterday i got to see my Homie Daniel, who lives in Hualian. He came up for the Fireside. He leaves on his mission in March. He is going to Taizhong! Elder Croft could train him! Sick!

I love missionary work with my whole heart. I know this is the Lord's work. I love going out everyday and telling everyone about the Gospel. I love meeting these people and seeing them change their lives, making their lives better through the Gospel. I love it! There is nothing better. I love you all with my whole heart!

Love, Elder Relyea

No comments:

Post a Comment