Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 15

Ni Hao!!!!!

This week was off the chain. It was so good. Seriously though, it feels like yesterday I was writing you. So flippin weird. So after I e-mailed you last week we did thdutieth then we went shoppin. We have a grocery store here called Carre Four. It's the Taiwanese equivalent to... Wal-mart. It's nice. Then we went to the church and ate so much fruit. So good. And then we watched Empirer's New Groove. WE CAN WATCH MOVIES! Sister Day is redoing the list. I recommended How to Train Your Dragon of course. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard and Empirer's New Groove before. It was nice to watch a real movie. :)

Toozdai, we went real running. Holy. It was so bad. Because I only have my vans. Haha. My calves have never been so sore in their lives(they are still sore). Stairs were terrible. I'm buying running shoes today. That'll be nice. We had District Meeting this day. That was cool. Then one of the Zone Leader's, Elder Townsend and I went on exchanges. It was sick. He was also born in Taidong so he knows all of these less actives and former investies we could visit. We visited the coolest guy. Lai dixiong I think is his name. He gave us this frozen pineapple in a bag thing. It was so good.

Wednesday, this was a good day. Elder Peterson(Bi zhanglao(my companion(my trainer(my dad)))) got a referral on the street for this family. So we thought we would go find them. We didn't even know if we turned onto the right street, biked on that forever, and then they were all chillin outside. It was a miracle we found them. They are so cool. Right when we got there they got chairs for us, poured us some water. I'm telling you, the people here are amazing. So it's a family, and three of the kids came to church yesterday!!!! They were so bored in Sacrament. Haha. But, so was I. I looked at them cross eyed for a while. Haha. Then on Wendesday, I taught my English class. There were 10 people there! What. More than triple last week. I gave them a ton of idioms. Haha. They love them. "Okay guys. Have you heard this one. I gave my two cents.........." Silence.......... "Can anyone guess what it means?"......... Then I tell them the meaning. Haha. They loved the "He's in the doghouse" one. Haha. The spiritual thought was so cool. I didn't even know what I was going to share. I started off with how our Heavenly Father is perfect and he loves all of us perfectly. It was so cool. I love Yingwen ban. aka English Class.

Thursday I went to Yuli because my companion had to go to Taiwan for a training meeting(he's District Leader). So I went and chilled with the Yuli elders. I was there from thursday mid-day to Saturday at 5... It felt like I was gone for a year. All of the days there feel like one day so I'll just say some stuff that happened. First off, they had a guitar and Ukelele in their apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO grateful. And the guitar even had a capo... I've never spelled that before... It was so fun though. I forgot everything! By day two I started to remember. I played every Desert Noises song I know how to play. :) AND, Elder Bowler had a song by Kyle Henderson. A Hymn! Nearer My God To Thee. You should look it up. We listened to it like 8 times... It wasn't enough. In Yuli guess what I ate....... Two disgusting things... chou doufu and..... Curry. Chou doufu aka stinky as crap toufu. Literally when you eat it, it tastes/smells like there is a bathroom(out house) chillin in your mouth. So bad. And the curry actually wasn't bad at all. I had 6 dumplings with curry in them. At them all. Didn't throw up. Yuli is like as country as you can get in the Taipei mission. It smells like Idaho. Aka Cows. It is SO BEAUTIFUL though. We biked to this little village, it was so cool. So cool.

Got back on Saturday around 5 and at 7 these elder's in our district, South Taidong had a baptism! So awesome. And two of our investigators came. Mai dixiong(Mikilo), came. He is so awesome. He's the one who doesn't have any friends. I love this man. I'll get a picture with him this week and show you. It was nice to get back in Taidong. You know when you go on vacation and then you walk in your house and you feel like you haven't been there for years. That's how it felt walking back into the apartment.

Sundae, was so good. We had 7 people come to church!!! It was nuts trying to keep track of all of them. Haha. It was so cool though. The ward here is so SICK! I love every person. And all these little asians running around all the time. So flippin cute. And good news, I'm starting to understand more and more. haha. So that's nice.

Okay, I love you all so much!!!! You beautiful people. I'm grateful for all of you. I'm so grateful I get to be in not just Taiwan but Taidong! Everything here is so awesome. I love it all. :) Missions are the cooletht thing. I'm so grateful for this Gospel and everything it teaches us! And that I get to teach people about it! Okay. I love you all. Have the best week of your LIVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment