Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another Letter from the Ry-Guy


Ni Haoooooooooooooo evleeonnneee! 
 
This week was awesome! Crazy. These days are going by so flippin fast. I feel like yesterday I was just e-mailing you.... After I e-mailed last week we went to houzi shan aka MONKEY MOUNTAIN! It was so sick. I promise I will send tons of Pictures next week. There were monkeys errywhere. Right in front of me. I was holding a banana one climbed right up my body. Haha. It was a sick first P-day to say the least. After houzi shan we went to this frozen ice place. They love ice treats here. But for some reason they put beans and this slimy gooey stuff. The gooey stuff is like the consistency of... You know those balls that have all those stretchy... tassels on them. Haha. I don't know how to describe this ball. BUT, the gooey stuff is like the consistency of one of those... tassels. It's weird. And they love it here. And since members are buying them for us we have to eat all of it. Which is nice.
 
Tuesday, my companion had to got to Hualian for a training meeting. He is District Leader. So I got to go on Exchanges with my Australian MATE, ELDAH WRIGHT! It was awesome. His Chinese is so bad. Haha. I mean, so is mine, but with his Australian accent, it's so funny hearing him pronunciate things. Haha. We met with three of their investies, they were all so amazing.
 
Wednesday, I taught my first Yingwen Ban. Aka English Class. Haha. Their English is way better than mine. I have three students. Paul, Sunny, and Ted. Paul is 75? I think, sweet heart. I asked him if he's heard of the Beatles... He hadn't. Sunny is middle aged woman, so nice. They are both retired teachers. Ted is just Ted. haha. He's like 42 probably. He's cool. Since it was the 4th of July I thought I'd tell a patriotic story. I chose The Boston Tea Party. Turns out I don't know a lot about that story. Haha. This is how it went. Yeah, so, Britain was like taxing America like crazy... So they were not too happy. Then they dressed up Native Americans... and threw all the tea into the harbor... Any questions? That's how it went. They were so confused. Haha. Sorry, guys. It was way fun though.
 
Thursday, we went to our mission Leader's house and helped him get this metal water tub thing on top of his roof. After he took us to eat. To drink we had sweetened asparagus juice, appetizer: Pigs ear, intesties, and seaweed. Then we had noodles. The pig ear was especially nice. Mom, you would have loved it. Hahah. :) The noodles were delicious. This day was a tough finding day. Everyone was so flippin busy. We had our first weekly planning sesh, which includes companion inventory. It was great. Elder Peterson is awesome. Such a great trainer. His Chinese is so ridiculous. It's nice.
 
Friday we went and visited the Houjiating again. I love them. They call me shuizhanglao. Translation: Elder Handsome. Haha. That's a confidence booster. Everytime we visit them they give us so much MANGO. Which makes me so happy, because mango is my favourite thing to eat. It is so freaking good. Soooooooooooooooooooooo good. I want you guys to come to Taiwan and eat it. So you can know. The picture of the two people that is Houdixiong and Houjiemei. Houdixiong doesn't have any teeth. And in the picture he doesn't look like the happiest man, but he is. Everytime he smiles it makes me so happy. I'll get another picture with him where he's smiling. It will make your life better. I promise.
 
Saturday, we went to Hualian again and met with our new Mission President and his wife. I love them! They are so awesome. Seriously so cool. Sister Day told us if we are ever having a tough day, and we just need a mama to talk to we can call her. She is such a sweet heart. That night we had a lesson fall through, but then a man showed up at the church. His name is Maidixiong. He's so nice. He told us he doesn't have any friends. He's from one of the Islands off Taiwan and his whole family is there. We told him he has three new friends. Us and Sister Burton. That's the sister who found him. I'm just going to love the crap out of him.
 
Sundae was awesome. In church I have no idea what is going on. Haha. But it's great. The branch members are so awesome. In Priesthood meeting the teacher asked me what women should we respect... I said my Mission President... Haha. That's just one example of where I wish I could speak Chinese.
 
This work is awesome. I love being a missionary. I'm learning so much every single day. I love you all so much. Thank you for bean you. :)

Elder Handsome's best friend   


Monkey's

1 comment: